Produce custom design signs per previously approved work packets using a variety of tools and methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate customs signs using a variety of methods including bending, cutting, welding and gluing of variety of materials.
- Review job packets for accuracy and understand the scope of work including time expectations and material requirements. Report concerns and discrepancies to the Shop Forman or Production Manager.
- Accurately match work order description to the design drawing before beginning production.
- Fully inspect equipment prior to each use.
- Maintain work area for efficiency, cleanliness and to meet Company safety standards.
- Participate in daily and weekly shop cleaning and maintenance.
- Receive deliveries with accuracy. Verify contents for quantity and condition. Report discrepancies and/or damage immediately to the Production Manager.
- Report material usage and production time for each work order daily.
- Follow all company safety standards including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid organizational skills; able to multi-task and complete requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Resourceful; can devise creative solutions to problems.
- Proper use of hand and power tools.
- Read and write English.
- Speaking—Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension—Understanding written sentences and design artwork in work-related documents.
- Critical Thinking—Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Time Management—Managing one’s own time and reporting accurately.
- Attend monthly safety training meetings.
- Obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- OSHA 10
- Experience in sign fabrication will be given preference
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move about the shop.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder.