Serving Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska
Whether or not you have a defined idea of what you want your sign to look like, Schlosser Signs has a great team of designers that can give your business the recognition it deserves. If you already have a logo, or another part of the sign design in mind, we can help there as well. We can easily incorporate existing design ideas into a functional and eye-catching sign.
A few items to take into consideration when thinking about the design of your sign include:
Modern vs Traditional Design
As technology has progressed, different sign design options are now available that were not just a few years back. Newer LED technologies have driven new lighting techniques, and new CAD and printing technologies have revolutionized the way materials are designed and assembled. This has led to an almost endless array of choices when it comes to sign design. A few of the items that distinguish between Modern and Traditional Design:
- Thinner, more san-serif fonts
- A larger influence of sign shapes to create recognition. Many times these shapes are simple but the overall aesthetic compliments the name or the business itself. These shapes are often painted a complimentary or offset color and can be made from decorative cut metal, perforated metal, acrylic, etc.
- Lighting techniques and accent lighting are a large part of newer sign lighting technologies that can really help get your sign noticed. Aside from having your business name illuminated, accent lighting to another portion of the sign provides an upscale look that can set you business apart.
- Simple color palettes. A more modern design takes advantage of the unique elements discussed above and a simple color palette to highlight, and not distract from the other elements of the sign design. Silver tones, blacks, and muted or de-saturated color tones are often used in more modern designs.
- Digitally printed graphics. Newer printing technologies are being used to produce eye-catching visual designs that were not available previously. This has opened up the availability of having very detailed logos printed on illuminated, and non-illuminated types of media.
- Sign bases that incorporate more modern stone styles.
- Traditional, and more serif-type fonts
- A larger influence on the business name with less importance placed on other elements of the sign.
- Sign bases that incorporate more traditional stone styles.
Illuminated vs Non-Illuminated
Depending upon the usage of the sign, the difference between an illuminated and non-illuminated sign can change the design and functionality of the sign greatly. If your business benefits from evening and night time activities, make sure that your business is being seen with an illuminated sign. And even if you’re business is not open in the evening, the additional exposure of an illuminated sign can get you noticed and remembered by people who are passing by.
Cost vs Value
With sign design, more isn’t always necessarily better. Sometimes a simple sign that is prominent may be exactly what you need, whereas a more over-the-top sign design may distract from your goal of getting your business recognized. Understanding the difference between the costs associated with your sign, and the value it brings to your business is very important. This is where a professional sign company can help. We can provide the right balance between the cost associated with your sign and the value it brings to your business.
Material Usage and LongevityUnderstanding the investment cost, the material usage, and the longevity of your sign should never be overlooked. A cheap sign now will be a cheaply looking sign in the near future, whereas a well designed, and well built sign will look great for years to come. Using a sign professional such as Schlosser Signs will help you understand the balance between material costs, and the longevity of your sign so you can make the best investment choice possible for your unique circumstance.
Get Started Improving Your Business Today!
Our experienced team offers the ability to design, manufacture and install a vast range of interior and exterior signage.