Responsible for the manufacturing of high-quality product, on time, and within or under budget, according to provided specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Head production meetings.
- Establish and maintain production schedule.
- Establish workflow to ensure all personnel are fully utilized
- Meet with sales, PMs, and department staff regarding fabrication concerns, methods, deadlines, and to coordinate delivery dates.
- Verify accuracy of designs for size, color, and fabrication methods.
- Determine in advance when/if to outsource.
- Report anticipated cost changes and labor overages to Estimator and Project Managers.
- Review work orders to ensure that materials used are the same as materials quoted. Review material costs to stay under or within budget. Report if different construction methods/materials need to be used to Estimators and Project Managers.
- Review of job costing reports, reporting results weekly to management.
- Stage completed jobs and provide installation kit
- Accurately assemble material order sheets per work order.
- Provide material requisition sheets to purchaser in a timely manner.
- Close out jobs and job folders
- Monitor daily time sheets and material use sheets are completed accurately and turned in.
- Maintain material inventory levels
- Conduct monthly inventory counts
- Issue all supplies/inventory for production.
- Manage costs when possible.
- Receive shipments of supplies/job materials.
- Make sure materials used are recorded properly at the end of each shift.
- Control inventory churn.
- Participate as member of safety committee.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn by staff and visitors.
- Requisition purchasing for all PPE
- Monitor and restrict visitors, vendors, deliveries, etc. to shop floor.
- Maintain shop and yard cleanliness and safety hazards.
- Manage forklift, tools, and equipment repair/maintenance.
- Responsible for managing shipping/receiver who will receive and unload national ship in work.
- Uncrate and test shipments.
- Report damages in a timely manner.
- Bill of Lading, Inspection Sheets, Claims.
- Use quality control checklist on every job.
- Report issues/concerns to GM.
- Schedule QC checklist signoff 3 days before installation.
- Performs any appropriate duties assigned by the General manager.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
- Attend safety and company-wide meetings as required.
- Work with Stakeholders to establish/execute change orders
- Work with the equipment manager to inspect, repair, and maintain equipment
Supervise production staff
- Keep accurate records on staff as to performance
- Personnel reviews on staff as required per the company handbook.
- Manage people in your dept.
- Monitor staff for workload.
- Overtime requested and approved to GM.
- Recruiting to maintain adequate staff in production dept.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid organizational skills; able to multi-task and complete requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Resourceful; can devise creative solutions to problems.
- Exhibit and foster accountability.
- Speaking—Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking—Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Time Management—Managing one’s own time.